Instagram Pinterest Bloglovin Email Facebook Twitter

Scenes from a date night

2.18.2013


At Brewtopia, the restaurant inside Cinetopia.

Russell declared his specialty burger the most amazing burger he'd ever had in his life. I was just excited to find something on the menu that I could safely eat without getting sick. And really, I was all about dessert anyway. Sticky toffee pudding, I love you. (We also ordered the roasted veggie appetizer and gobbled that up immediately. YUM.)

After eating we strolled the mall for a bit before coming back for our movie. The seats in the living room skybox where AWESOME. Complete with leather foot rests, rocking seats and our own waiters. We saw Safe Haven which I was a little nervous about because hello, horrible Nicholas Sparks endings 50% of the time, but luckily both main characters were still alive and well by the end credits. Phew.

It was a fun experience and we'll definitely go again.

And now for something a tad bit embarrassing.

While in the mall before our movie started Russ and I (ok so really just I) saw a photo booth and thought, why not repeat last year's Valentine's photoshoot?

I'll tell you why not: sometimes photo booths are a bad idea. 
I refer of course to frame #3, which is quite horrendous of me. And the reason we are laughing so hard in frame#4 (the screen inside showed us each picture right after it was taken). And also, what the heck with Russ's hair? It did not look that weird in person. 

It was a fun two-year run but maybe we just won't repeat that tradition next year.

9 comments:

  1. I really like the last one! It's cute. Definitely keep those and put them in your 365 album. It will be a great memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun. Is the music on your blog new? Have I simply not noticed all this time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it’s the darned video clip I blogged the other day. It plays automatically and I don’t know how to stop it!

      Delete
  3. You two are too cute! Gotta love date nights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cute one of you and Russ,the last one, that is...and I too enjoyed the surprise music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun! i want a date night now - and photo booth pics to go along with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... I laughed SO HARD when I saw picture three! You have to keep the photo booth a tradition!!
    ... still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi! next time you go to cinetopia you'll have to swing by. we live right next to that mall! 3 mins away at most! and plus it would be a blast to get together with you and Russ. lets plan something after BBAll season!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noelle that is such a GREAT idea!! We will for sure come back and give you guys a call!

      Delete