2. It took me all of 10 minutes watching to confirm my suspicions that I would not care for that Nicki Minaj. No sir.
3. In more important news, can we talk about my all-of-a-sudden barely there eyebrows, as witnessed in the above picture? (while not talking about my weird ONE droopy eye, not sure what was going on there.)
Once upon a time, my eyebrows used to look like this:
WHERE DID ALL THE EYEBROWS GO?
I don't pluck or wax them at all these days, just fill them in, thanks to this little guy:
4. And in other face-related news, I have just recently discovered that I have quite the asymmetrical hair line.
5. Yesterday I went to my cousin Linley's final prenatal appointment with her and posted a picture of her 39-week belly on Facebook, tagging her in the pic. A sweet acquaintance thought it was me though and I imagine about fell over thinking she was just now finding out I was about to pop one out of the oven. I found this quite hilarious for the sole reason that if I WERE pregnant there is no way anyone would NOT know, because I would be complaining every single darned day of the entire 9 month wait. Loudly.
Which pretty much explains why I'm not pregnant.
6. I did think I might be a couple of weeks ago though. After fighting nausea on and off for over two weeks and taking an at-home test that came out negative, I took myself off to the doctor's office to see what was going on. Turns out it was not a baby growing in my tummy, but acid reflux.
7. So yes, disappearing eyebrows, receding hairline, acid reflux... I think my body has decided to skip a couple of decades and head straight into its golden years.
8. Maybe this explains why twice yesterday I had to speed up my pace to keep up with Linley, the 9 MONTH PREGNANT LADY?
This just in: I am the slowest walker in the world. But I guess I always have been. What can I say, I like to enjoy the scenery. So picture ME 9 months pregnant walking with my speedy-McSpeedster of a sister, Kelly. I can't tell you how many times she would get 3 or 4 car-lengths ahead of me before turning around and noticing I was no longer beside her. It always made us laugh.
9. Now back to the acid reflux for a moment: there has been a plus side. As my triggers seem to be coffee, chocolate, and peppermint, things I majorly over-indulged in over the holidays (hello triple-threat of peppermint white mochas!), I've been avoiding them ever since (a Herculean effort, believe me), and in two weeks I've lost 9 pounds.
10. 9 pounds!! It's been a great kick-off to the new year. Oh the happy consequences of a much-restricted diet.
(This is me choosing to look at the bright side. Best not to discuss chocolate with me yet...)